Paryavekshanam is a web-based, automated, 24 x 7 monitoring tool deployed in GARUDA Grid to increase the reliability, usability and manageability. Grid resources are heterogeneous (Linux, Solaris, AIX) in nature and are distributed geographically across different cities in India. Monitoring these grid resources is challenging in terms of its dynamic and critical nature. Paryavekshanam provides hierarchical view to the health of the grid.
Paryavekshanam monitors the following major grid components:
- Computing nodes
- Scientific / Special instruments
- Grid middleware
- Submitted jobs
- Software installed
Salient Features :
- It is a web- based, user friendly customizable monitoring tool
- It has a visual depiction of data in tabular and graphical format like bar, line and radar graph
- Alert and Notification system for capturing the resource degradation and notifying the system administrators for the corrective actions.
- Data gallery for viewing the historical data
- Search facility for resources and software
- Remote site management facility.
Paryavekshanam can be accessed on Garuda network from the Portal page.
|Release||Major Feature(s) in the Release|
|Search, alert, admin page. Parya dashboard with status bar|
|Release with GOC Desk, network, data gallery, help and about pages|
|First Release with Home and grid overview page|
|SRB monitoring, jobs monitoring, graphs refinement etc|
Version 3.0 is under testing and will be released hence after.
Paryavekshanam is accepted as a Globus Incubator Project by the Globus Alliance
Karuna, Deepika H.V, Mangala N., Prahlada Rao BB, MohanRam N."Paryavekshanam: A Status Monitoring Tool For Indian Grid Garuda”, NORDUNet 2008, April 2008, Finland