Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC are done through C-DAC's computerised Common Admission Test (C-CAT). Candidates have to apply for C-CAT online at www.cdac.in or acts.cdac.in. Every year, C-CAT is usually conducted in June (for August admissions) and December (for February admissions). Candidates who clear the December 2019 C-CAT will only be considered for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of February 2020 batch on the basis of their C-CAT ranks and centre/course preferences
Every section in C-CAT will have 50 objective-type questions. Each question will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct. There will be +3 (plus three) marks for each correct answer, -1 (minus one) for each wrong answer, and 0 (zero) marks for each un-attempted question. The maximum marks a candidate can obtain in any one section of C-CAT is 150.
Reference books for the various topics in C-CAT.
||English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning
||Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communication & Networking, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Operating Systems
||Any High School Grammar Book (e.g. Wren & Martin)
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning
||Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved (R. S. Aggrawal) Quantitative Aptitude (M Tyara)Barron’s New GRE 2015
||Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)
|Data Communication & Networking
||Data Communication & Networking (Forouzan)
||C Programming Language (Kernighan & Ritchie)Let Us C (Yashavant Kanetkar)
||Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)
||Operating System Principles (Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne)
||Test Your C ++ Skills (Yashavant Kanetkar)
C-CAT for admission to the December 2019 batch of PG Diploma courses will be held on 15th December 2019.
Schedule of December 2019 C-CAT (The slot timings may vary slightly. The final timings will be printed on the admit cards.)
||Morning Slot Timings
||Afternoon Slot Timings
|15 December 2019
||9:30 am – 10:30 am
||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
||10:45 am – 11:45 am
||3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
General instructions and conditions:
Certificates to be attached along with the application form.
APPLICATION FORM IS COMMON FOR ALL C-DAC COURSES UNDER THE SCHEMES.
- Candidate is required to select any one course while filling in the application form.
- Based on the course eligibility candidate will select the name(s) of the course for which he/she is eligible for admission.
- Please read the details of the C-DAC courses carefully for knowing specific details about the course. Applicant may also visit the C-DAC, ACTS website http://acts.cdac.in/minority and go through the e-brochure.
- Please fill in the application form completely. Incomplete application form will be summarily rejected.
- Providing incorrect / false information will lead to cancellation of candidature or termination of the training.
- C-DAC’s decision regarding the admission shall be final and binding on all candidates.
- Please note that the latest photograph is mandatory will be uploaded while
submitting the application form and other affixed on the admit card for the interview
and if the candidate is selected for the course. Additional Photo Identification
(like Driving License/ Voters ID card / College ID card / Passport) will also be
required to be produced by the candidate while appearing for the interview at the training
- For appearing in the admission test, candidate needs to register only once.
- Please do not make multiple registrations for appearing for the Admission Test. If the candidates make multiple registrations, then all the registrations may be rejected and candidate may not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- The result of the Admission Test will be displayed on the website of C-DAC, ACTS on the day of result as per schedule. A message clearly indicating whether the candidate has qualified for the C-DAC courses along with confirmed admission list will be shown to you for your reference.
- The Admission process shall be followed by written test and personal interview. Centres have to conduct the written exam followed by the personal interview as per the schedule.
- At the end of the confirmed admission list, a waitlist will be declared (if any). The seats available after the deadline for admission will be filled up in the order of a candidate’s waitlist number.
The course shall be conducted at our C-DAC Authorised Training Centre (ATC) at Astric Khajpura, Bailey Road, Patna and C-DAC Centre of Excellence,Gaya College, Rampur, Gaya, Bihar
- Applicants will have to submit original copies of their
certificates / marks sheets at the time of the selection process at the centre.
Applicants will also have to produce their original certificates for verification
at C-DAC Training Centres / ATC’s of C-DAC.