Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC are done through C-DAC's computerised Common Admission Test (C-CAT). Candidates have to apply for C-CAT online at www.cdac.in or acts.cdac.in.
Every year, C-CAT is conducted in December/January (for February/March admissions) and June/July (for August/September admissions). Candidates who clear the January 2021 C-CAT will only be considered for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of March 2021 batch on the basis of their C-CAT ranks.
Every section in C-CAT will have 50 objective-type questions. Each question will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct. There will be +3 (plus three) marks for each correct answer, -1 (minus one) for each wrong answer, and 0 (zero) marks for each un-attempted question. The maximum marks a candidate can obtain in any one section of C-CAT is 150.
||English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning
||Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Operating Systems
Reference books for the various topics in C-CAT
||Any High School Grammar Book (e.g. Wren & Martin)
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning
||Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved (R. S. Aggrawal) Quantitative Aptitude (M Tyara)Barron’s New GRE 2015
||Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)
||C Programming Language (Kernighan & Ritchie)Let Us C (Yashavant Kanetkar)
||Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)
||Operating System Principles (Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne)
||Test Your C ++ Skills (Yashavant Kanetkar)
C-CAT for admission to the March 2021 batch of PG Diploma courses will be held on 17th January 2021.
Schedule of Jaunary 2021 C-CAT (The slot timings may vary slightly. The final timings will be printed on the admit cards.)
||Morning Slot Timings
||Afternoon Slot Timings
|17 January 2021
||9:30 am – 10:30 am
||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
||10:45 am – 11:45 am
||3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
Candidates can give the online C-CAT from their homes using their laptops/PCs. C-CAT cannot be given from mobile phones. Candidates are required to switch on their webcam and microphone while appearing for C-CAT.
General instructions and conditions:
Certificates to be attached along with the application form.
APPLICATION FORM IS COMMON FOR ALL C-DAC COURSES UNDER THE SCHEMES.
- A candidate is required to select any one course while filling in the application form.
- Based on the course eligibility candidate will select the name(s) of the course for which he/she is eligible for admission.
- Please read the details of the C-DAC courses carefully for knowing specific details about the course. An applicant may also visit the C-DAC, ACTS website www.cdac.in/index.aspx?id=edu_acts_BiharCertificateMinorityCourseHome and go through the e-brochure.
- Please fill in the application form completely. An incomplete application form will be summarily rejected.
- Providing incorrect / false information will lead to cancellation of candidature or termination of the training.
- C-DAC’s decision regarding the admission shall be final and binding on all candidates.
- Please note that the latest photograph is mandatory will be uploaded while submitting the application form and other affixed on the admit card for the interview
and if the candidate is selected for the course. Additional Photo Identification
(like Driving License/ Voters ID card / College ID card / Passport) will also be
equired to be produced by the candidate while appearing for the interview at the training center.
- For appearing in the admission test, the candidate needs to register only once.
- Please do not make multiple registrations for appearing for the Admission Test. If the candidates make multiple registrations, then all the registrations may be rejected and a candidate may not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- The result of the Admission Test will be displayed on the website of C-DAC, ACTS on the day of the result as per schedule. A message indicating whether the candidate has qualified for the C-DAC courses along with a confirmed admission list will be shown to you for your reference.
- The Admission process shall be followed by online test and personal interview as per the schedule.
- At the end of the confirmed admission list, a waitlist will be declared (if any). The seats available after the deadline for admission will be filled up in the order of a candidate’s waitlist number.
The course shall be conducted at our C-DAC Authorised Training Centre (ATC) at Astric Khajpura, Bailey Road, Patna and C-DAC Centre of Excellence,Gaya College, Rampur, Gaya, Bihar
- Applicants will have to submit original copies of their certificates / marks sheets at the time of the selection process at the center.
Applicants will also have to produce their original certificates for verification
at C-DAC Training Centres / ATC’s of C-DAC.