Development of TEXT to SPEECH SYSTEM in Indian Languages Phase-II
This project aims at developing high quality text to speech synthesis as well as small footprint Text to Speech synthesis integrated with disability aids and various other applications. This is a consortium based project sponsored by DeitY, involving 12 institutions and 13 Indian languages.
C-DAC Mumbai is responsible for the languages Marathi and Odia with additional horizontal responsibility of various application development using the TTSes developed by consortium members.
Duration: 3 years (Jan 2012- Dec 2015)
- HTS based Parametric speech synthesis (small footprint).
- Unit Selection Concatanative Festival based speech synthesis (high quality).
- Bilingual voice, i.e. English-Marathi and English-Odia.
- Integration of TTS with Assistive aids for disability (Two aids):
- Aid for visually challenged.
- Aid for persons with cerebral palsy .
- Online Examination.
- Porting of TTS on Android platform.
- Web-based plugin for TTS.
- SMS Reader.
- Mr.Bira Chandra Singh (bira[at]cdac[dot]in)
- Tel: 26201606 Extn: 347
- Mr. Pranaw Kumar (pranaw[at]cdac[dot]in)
- Mr. Sushant K. Pani (sushantap[at]cdac[dot]in)
- Mr. Vishal Maral (Past Member)
Feedback can be sent to tts-mumbai[at]cdac[dot]in
Contact Address :
Language Computing Group (LCG)C-DAC
Gulmohar Cross Road No.9, Juhu Mumbai 400 049