CerviSCAN - Automated Solution for Screening of Cervical Cancer using
AI, Robotics and Cloud Technologies
One Indian woman dies of cervical cancer every 8 minutes. It is one of the few
cancers where precursors of the cancer can be detected, treated and cured much
before progressing into invasive cancer. Absence of systematic PAP smear
screening programs and lack of trained cytologists is the major cause of
cervical cancer deaths in the country.
CerviSCAN is an indigenized, complete ecosystem for screening of cervical cancer
using methodologies of AI, Robotics and Cloud Technologies which makes
population screening for Cervical Cancer feasible. Through CerviSCAN, a suite of
7 products are developed which automates the screening workflow right from
preparation of cervical smear to AI assisted diagnosis.
The System has been validated on on over 10,000 Patient cases across 4 premium
cancer care centres of the country (1)ICMR-NICPR, Noida (2)Regional Cancer
Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (3)Dr.BBCI, Guwahati and (4)ABV-Regional Cancer
CerviSCAN reduces screening cost significantly and improves the screening
efficiency of human expert.
- DigiSmearAS20x- AI powered Slide
- Digital Cytology Framework - Smart
- AI-PAP - AI Assisted PAP smear analysis
- RotoStainer - Robotic system for Slide
- KytoSpin - Mega Funnel Centrifuge
- KytoFunnel- Funnel for Specimen
- KytoClip - Clip to bind KytoFunnel &
Cervical cancer caused 2,80,000 deaths annually worldwide. More than 70,000 of
these occur in India. Absence of systematic PAP screening programs coupled with
highly skewed ratio of trained cytologists in relation to huge population of our
country makes it leading cause of cancer deaths in the India
Main uses and domain
- Primary/Family Health centres.
- Mobile Ophthalmology Units
- Population screening camps
- Cost effective indigenised, Monolayered
Smear Preparation based on Mega-Funnel Technique (MFT) using KytoSpin,
KytoFunnel and KytoClip.
- RotoStainer, automates slide staining
for staining which can stain more than 800 slides each day.
- RotoStainer can be configured for
automating other staining in addition to PAP Stain.
- DigiSmear, delivers high quality
diagnostic images by scanning cervical smear in X, Y & Z direction.
- Digital Cytology Workflow integrates
Patient list, Smear Visualization with pan,zoom and annotation features.
- AI-PAP pre-selects suspicious fields of
interest using AI-PAP.
- Digital Bethesda Reporting
Features and Technical Specifications
Platform required(if any)
- Analyses cervical cells for precancerous
lesions and classifies the slide as NEGATIVE or REVIEW. REVIEW slides are
re-screened by an expert for final conclusion.
- Automatically detects and removes
- Supports standard Bethesda format for
- Slide & Image level processing and
automated batch processing
- Able to screen out 60% of NEGATIVE cases
thereby improving the screening efficiency while detecting 80% of positive
cases with 93% accuracy in high grade lesions.
- Printable formatted statistical reports
in PDF & HTML
- Configurable for multiple microscopes
- Core i5, 3 Ghz with 4GB RAM or better
- Monitor with 1920x1080 resolution
- Windows 7 64 bit OS
- Shall be provided along with the system
- Motorized table with height adjustment
for mounting the fundus camera
- Enclosed room with controlled lighting,
so as not to interfere with the imaging
- Infrastructural facilities for
Contact Details for Techno Commercial
DR ALEXANDER G
Health Informatics & Software Technology Group,
email - firstname.lastname@example.org