Intelligent Diabetic Olfactory device (iDol) – Know your sugar level in seconds
Intelligent Diabetic Olfactory Device (iDol) is a portable and battery-operated instrument for rapid, in-situ and non-invasive detection of killer diabetic disease through exhaled breath analysis. A subject under test needs to exhale alveolar air (deep breath) directly into the sensor chamber of the instrument through a mouthpiece. The instrument generates results in the Diabetic Index (DI), which indicates the blood sugar level. iDoI is built on low-power embedded hardware and software technologies, sensors and sensing technologies and a soft computing algorithm that includes statistical and neural network-based data analysis techniques.
- Research Laboratories
- Pathological Laboratories
- Old Age Institutes
- Rural Health Centres
- A robust handheld device suitable for use in outdoor health camps.
- Integrated in-situ, non-invasive breath sampling and delivery unit.
- Battery operation for long field use.
- Archival of breath information for future reference.
- Touch screen graphics for easy operator interface.
- Instant results in form of Diabetic Index.
- Successive tests can be performed in a gap of only three minutes.
- Microchip 16-bit Controller
- TFT Touch Screen
- SD Card Interface
- In-built graphics support
- Firmware in C
- Touch screen based
- GUI Interface
DESIGN IS BASED ON:
- The PIC 24FJ256DA210 (100pin) processor interfaced to a 4.3”
- (480*272) Display with touch screen support.
- Sensors developed by Sensor Hub, Kolkata.
- 16 bit RGB interface.
- Processor is clocked from an 8MHz crystal with a secondary oscillator of 32 KHz.
- A rechargeable Li-ion Battery (12 V).
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Agri and Environmental Electronics (AEE) Group
Shri Alokesh Ghosh
Ph: +91-33-2357-5989 (Ext: 235)