C-DAC, Bengaluru - Recruitment of Member Technical Staff (MTS) Below Group A Scientific &Technical (S&T)
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), is a Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India. C-DAC has today emerged as a premier R&D organization in IT&E (Information Technologies and Electronics) in the country working on strengthening national technological capabilities in the context of global developments in the field and responding to change in the market need in selected foundation areas. In that process, C-DAC represents a unique facet working in close junction with MeitY to realize nation's policy and pragmatic interventions and initiatives in Information Technology. As an institution for high-end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging/enabling technologies and innovating and leveraging its expertise, calibre, skill sets to develop and deploy IT products and solutions for different sectors of the economy, as per the mandate of its parent, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and other stakeholders including funding agencies, collaborators, users and the market-place.
C-DAC’s areas of expertise include R&D work in ICT&E Technologies, Solutions and Services, Product Development, IP Generation, Technology Transfer and Deployment of Solutions. Primary Thematic or Thrust Areas addressed by C-DAC are:
- High Performance Computing and Grid & Cloud Computing
- Multilingual Computing & Heritage Computing
- Professional Electronics, VLSI & Cyber Physical Systems
- Software Technologies including FOSS
- Cyber Security & Cyber Forensics
- Health Informatics
- Education & Training
C-DAC, Bengaluru is looking for bright & result oriented persons for following positions.
General Terms & Conditions:
The appointment would be against positions sanctioned by governing council, in regular vacancies, available at C-DAC subject to the applicable provisions of Bye laws and other applicable rules. The selected candidates will be appointed against regular post.
All appointment against the notified positions i.e. against regular vacancies, will be done as per clause 18.1.2 of Bye-Laws, on contract basis for a duration of 5 years. The contract shall be renewable based on satisfactory performance review for further periods of five years at a time, till attaining the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years.
Regular Post: On successful clearance of probation, selected candidate will be employed on contract for duration of 5 years which shall be renewable based on satisfactory performance review for further periods of 5 years at a time. On completion of two or more contractual terms covering a minimum of ten consecutive years, selected candidate shall be considered for regularization based on the merit evaluated through a due process as laid down in the society by time to time, however not beyond the age of superannuation.i.e. 60 years
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date for online registration of the application by the candidate. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for the post as on the last date for online registration of applications. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Online Registration System does not check whether the information provided by the candidates makes them eligible for the post advertised. In case, this turns out to be false, such candidates will not be allowed to participate in the written test.
The candidates alone are responsible for the authenticity of information provided by them.
The candidates with B .E / B Tech qualifications and those candidates who have already applied for the said posts in the previous advertisement need not apply.
Pay Matrix Level
Scale of the Pay
No of Posts
Senior Technical Assistant - Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing – VAPT
AndTechnical Assistant - Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing - VAPT
Level - 7
Level - 6
(Rs. 44,900 – 1,42,400)
Level 7- 1 OBC (NCL)
Level 6- 1 UR, 1 OBC (NCL)
Senior Technical Assistant – Network Administrator
|Level -7||(Rs. 44,900 – 1,42,400)||01||1 UR||
- All the qualifications should be regular course(s) from AICTE/UGC approved/recognized University/Deemed University/Institutes. The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be recognized as equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE. And for such autonomous institute's course (s) submission of equivalency certificate is mandatory at the time of selection process.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter (A, A +) grade in a qualifying degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by the respective University/Institute. Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from University / Institute, which shall be required at the time of joining.
The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/ guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for test.
Only those experiences which are relevant and acquired after the passing date of the qualifying qualification will be considered. The decision of C-DAC in this regard will be final and binding to applicants.
2. Relaxation/ Age Limit
- Applicants belonging to reserved category (SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy layer)) / physically challenged/Ex-servicemen would be eligible for relaxations as per 'Government of India' norms.
- Government employees will be eligible for relaxation in age by 5 years including other age relaxations.
- C-DAC internal candidates also will be eligible for an age relaxation of 5 years including other age relaxations.
The cut-off date for ascertaining the age and experience will be Last Date of submission of application: July / August 2022
3. Selection Process:
- Mode of Selection: - Selection processes viz. Written Test - The test will be of objective type covering English, Reasoning, Numerical Ability & Domain Knowledge, etc. or to specific functions/disciplines /Interview or as deemed fit by the management, will be deployed.
- The qualification and experience prescribed are the minimum requirements and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates entitled to be called for written test and / or selection processes. There will be an initial screening based on the academic records and other parameters given in the on-line application and for further selection process.
- The management reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria/cut off limits, in the event of the number of applicants are more, for any post(s), at its discretion. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their academic credentials, experience profile, written test marks (if any), performance in the test and such other selection processes/parameters, as adopted and deemed fit by management.
- Mere fulfillment of the below mentioned qualifications etc., does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Organization to call all the candidates to participate in selection process. The Organization may restrict the number of candidates to be called to participate in selection process to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
- Management reserves the right to change/modify the selection process at any time, during the process, at its discretion. The decision of the management will be final and binding.
Pay and Allowances for the notified MTS posts:
- Besides initial pay in the Pay Level, Dearness allowance, HRA and Transport allowance appointed candidates shall be entitled for Medical Reimbursement for self and dependent family members (OPD/IPD), Leave Travel Concession, Leave encashment, Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy, Mobile Reimbursement, CPF, Gratuity etc.as per extant rules of the C-DAC.
- Candidates presently employed in Government Service/PSU’s are entitled to Last Pay protection subject to fulfillment of extant rules.
- All the above benefits will be governed by the Bye-laws & Staff Rules of C-DAC in force & amended from time to time.
Written Test Details for MTS Below Group A Scientific and Technical (S & T) posts
- Paper will be of 200 marks (30 marks per topic & for Domain 80 marks) with duration of 90 minutes total.
- Candidates who will get minimum 40 % marks (Section wise 30 %) & 40 % overall will qualify based on merit list for selection
- No interview will be conducted for the above mentioned post.
- For final selection written test marks will be considered.
- Weightage will be given to marks obtain in domain knowledge.
- Question paper (only objective) covering following syllabus.
Paper Syllabus for MTS below Group A S & T
4. Important points to Note:
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the advertisement. In case, it is found at any point of time in future during the process of selection or even after appointment that the candidate was not eligible as per prescribed qualification, experience, etc., which could not be found at the time of selection due to whatever circumstances, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated as the case may be.
- Candidates those who are applying for multiple posts should submit separate applications for each post.
- In case of ambiguity/dispute arises on account of interpretation in version other than English, English version will prevail.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification for selection.
- Candidates are not required to send printout of application or any other documents in hard copy to C-DAC at the time of application.
- Written Test Call Letters, other correspondences (if any) etc. will be sent to candidates only through email to the email id provided in their online application. No hard copy will be sent.
- Mere issue of call letter to candidate will not imply acceptance of candidature or selection for the post.
- In case of internal candidates, please note that the finally selected candidates will have to resign from the services and join the post as fresh employees.
- Candidates must be in sound health and ready to undergo Pre-Employment Medical Examination as per C-DAC norms.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be allowed /called for written test/online test. Candidates will be informed by email only and no separate communication will be sent.
- All queries pertaining to recruitment including selection process should be addressed to our Recruitment Team only through email@example.com
- Kindly note that we have not authorized any agent/ agency for representing C-DAC for anything related to recruitment or its processes.
- All the posts will be filled as per the Recruitment Rules and C-DAC norms.
- Number of vacancies may increase/decrease based on requirement of C-DAC and such changes will be made by C-DAC without any notice.
- C-DAC reserves the right to cancel or introduce any examination /Personal Interview/Other selection process. C-DAC also reserves the right to cancel/restrict/curtail/enlarge the recruitment process and/or the selection process without any notice and without assigning any reasons.
- C-DAC reserves the right to fill up the post or increase/decrease the number of posts or offer the lower post or even to cancel the whole or part of the process of recruitment without assigning any reason thereof.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the advertisement. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future during process of selection or even after appointment that candidate was not eligible as per prescribed qualification, experience etc, which could not be detected at the time of selection due to whatever circumstances, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated as case may be.
- The number of unreserved/reserved posts advertised may vary and C-DAC reserves the right not to fill up some or all the posts advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
- The candidates are advised to visit C-DAC website regularly. Notice/ information, Corrigendum, Extension etc., if any, shall be published on our website www.cdac.in only.
5. How to apply:
- Before filling the online application form, Candidates should read General Terms and Conditions carefully.
- Candidate should read all the eligibility parameters and ensure that he/she is eligible for the post before starting to apply online.
- Candidate should have a valid email id and mobile no. which should remain valid & active till the completion of selection process.
- While applying online Candidates can click on the 'Apply' button provided against each position for which he/she wish to apply.
- Fill all the details in the online application form at the appropriate places.
- After filling all the details in online application form click on 'Submit' button.
- Candidates should scan their photograph in .jpg format (not more than 400 KB) and keep it ready before starting to apply online for uploading.
- Candidates are required to upload their updated Curriculum Vitae (PDF only, not more than 1 MB) and brief write up of the job profile undertaken ((PDF only, not more than 1 MB)) with the online application.
- A unique application number will be generated by the system, please note this application number for future reference and use. Candidates can keep a copy of the application form with them for their own records.
- No hard copy/printed applications should be sent to C-DAC. Incomplete and defectively filled up forms shall be rejected straightway and no subsequent correspondences will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidate working in Government/PSUs/Govt. Autonomous bodies should also apply online in advance and print of the application form, duly filled, and signed, should be forwarded through proper channel to Manager (HRD) of C-DAC, Bengaluru.
- Those who are not forwarding their application through proper channel are required to produce 'No objection certificate (NOC)' from their current employer at the time of written test, if called for, failing which they will not be permitted to attend the test.
NO INTERIM ENQUIRY OR CORRESPONDANCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/PwD/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS) will be applicable as per the Government of India norms, as applicable to C-DAC.
- Candidate belonging to reserved categories / EWSs should produce the certificates at the time of written test / before the joining, if called for, issued by competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India, failing which such candidate’s selection/ appointment will be cancelled.
- Reservation in the Posts is indicated in the Table above and is subject to changes based on final assessment.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category, certificate should specifically contain the clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section.
- The OBC candidates who belong to "CREAMY LAYER" are not entitled for OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as "General". The OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate (latest) in the prescribed format of Government of India issued by Competent Authority at the time of Joining,
- Applicants against PWD category are expected to ensure that they are meeting the definition of Persons with disabilities as defined in DoPT OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res), dated 29.12.2005 and submitting applications in conformity with the requirements indicated in the advertisement.
- The candidates availing relaxation against PwD category are required to submit the Disability Certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training vide OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated: 29.12.2005. The format is available at the website www.persmin.nic.in
- For persons with disability who suffers from more than 40% of relevant disability will only be eligible for applicable relaxation. The Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority as per GOI norms is mandatory.
- Reservation for EWSs shall be applicable as per the DOPT OM No. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) Dated January 19, 2019
- The candidates applying under EWSs category are required to submit the Economically Weaker Sections Certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pension Department of Personnel and Training vide OM No.36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019.The format is available at the website www.persmin.nic.in
Job Location for all positions is Bengaluru
Application fees :
Candidates are required to make the online payment in the provision made in the online application as per fee details below:
- A non-refundable application fees of Rs.500/- is payable for applying for the posts. No fees shall be payable by candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
- Female applicants are also exempted from application fee.
- Candidates may take note that no cheque, DD or cash will be accepted towards payment of application fees.
- The fee is towards administrative expenses for the selection process and fee once paid will not be refunded
- Closing date for applying online: The last date for online submission of application is date July / August 2022 (upto 1800 hrs.).
|A||Commencement of on-line registration of application by candidates||6 Aug, 2022|
|B||Last date for on-line registration of application by candidates||12 Sept, 2022 (till 12:00 noon)|
|C||Written Test date||Will be communicated by email only|
Human Resource Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
No. 1, Knowledge Park, Old Madras Road,
Baiyappanahalli, Bengaluru - 560 038