CDAC Library of the Institute plays a significant & vital role to serve the faculties, research fellows, students & staffs. Library is housed with all modern amenities and is located in third floor covering an area of 487 Sqm, and extension of Central library for especially abled people is set up in ground floor. The library mission is to provide information services and access to bibliographic and full text digital and printed resources to support the academic as well as research and project needs of students and research scholars. Library has separate sections for textbooks, periodicals, CD/DVD, Reference, Book Bank and Foreign editions. Library is a member of MCIT consortium and subscribe number of e-resources as IEEE, ACM and E-books through this consortium. Library is rapidly developing its collection of books, reference books, periodicals, and electronic resources. It subscribes number of periodicals, newspapers and magazines. Library is also developing a fine collection of Fiction and literature in Hindi and English language
The mission of the library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources and providing for value added services.
- Mon - Fri : 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Saturday : 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.(1st and 3rd)
- Lunch Break: 2:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
The library shall remain closed on Sunday and other holidays. All transactions shall be closed one hour before the closing of the library.
Circulation : Library provides issue and return/renew of book to library members. Borrowed books renewed unless there is no reservation request received from another member for the book.
Book Bank : Library provides the book bank facility to staff and students for six months duration .
Inter Library Loan : The Library offers inter-library loan service to its users for books and periodicals not available in the CDAC Library by borrowing them from other libraries
Book Reservation : Members can reserve any book in the holdings of library except reference books. Reserved books would be issued to members as per booking order after they are returned.
Xerox facility : Library offers photocopying service to all its members in nominal cost. A separate room is equipped in ground floor with Xerox machine.
Digital Library: The CDAC being a member of MCIT consortium provide online access to IEEE/IEL journals. ACM digital library and e-books through books24x7.The library is a part of the institute-wide network and has adequate computing infrastructure to cater to the needs of the users. 10 thin clients are provided to user for access the electronic resources as well as browsing of online catalogue of library resources. The WI-FI facility in the reading area continues to attract users to bring in their laptops to have seamless access to print and electronic resources.
User Awareness Program : library takes an active part in the orientation program organized by the institute for the benefit of new students in the beginning of academic year. Library tour for new students is organized to familiarize them with various resources and services available for them. Training sessions are also organized whenever a new product or service is introduced.
News-Paper e-clippings : Newspaper E-clippings are circulated through mail on academic related matters, job opportunities and Technology advertisements etc. The same also displayed on Library notice board also.
Question Bank : Previous years question papers of GGSIPU is available in PDF format on DSpace. Students can download or save the same for reference .
Rules and Regulations
Admission to the Library:- All the members are allowed for admission to the library. The following rules must be followed:
- Every person who enters the library shall sign the gate register in token of his acceptance to adhere to the rules of the library.
- All personal belongings except purses, notebooks and laptop shall not be allowed to the carried with the readers in the library. These may be kept outside the library by members on their own risk.
- The readers shall keep silence within the library premises. No reader is allowed to sleep in the library. The defaulter may be refused the use of the library or his/her registration may be cancelled.
- Readers are requested not to write or mark or otherwise disfigure and damage books, furniture, etc. In case of any damage being done, the person responsible will be punished as per rules and also required to replace the articles damaged or pay its replacement cost.
- Keep mobile phones on silent mode while inside the library. Please do not speak on the phone inside the library.
- Refrain from eating and drinking in the library.
- Books can be borrowed against library card issued by library to the borrowers.
- Please return the book/books on or before the due date stamped on the date slip of the item borrowed.
- A fine of Rs.5.00 for reference and Rs. 2.00 for Text/Book Bank will charge for books overdue.
- At the end of every semester, students are supposed to return all books and pay any overdue charges accrued in their account.
- If a book is lost or damaged, students will be required to replace the book or pay the price of the book with administrative charges.
- Please report the loss of the card immediately at the circulation desk. A duplicate card will be issued on payment of penalty charges of Rs. 50.00 each card.
- Complete the loan procedure before taking materials out of the library.
- Don't let others to borrow books on your card.
- Respond to the notices.
- Use the laptops in the separate bays meant for their use in the library.
- It is unacceptable to download or access obscene or other offensive material.
- Chat, messenger and mobile messaging are prohibited.
- 5 PCs are kept in e-library section to access the OPAC and electronic resources.
- Please contact the library staff for any problem with systems.
- Comply with copyright regulations and publishers license terms while you copy materials, whether in print or electronic format.
- The students of the CDAC shall be enrolled as library members after depositing the specified refundable security money at the time of admission in cash in specified Bank.
- All the CDAC, NoidaStaff shall be eligible for enrollment as members of the library after filling the Library Membership Form. Form is available in the library web page and at the library circulation counter also.
The members are entitled to take books on loan at the following scale:
|Category of Member||Number of Books On Text Card||Book Bank||Reference Card (for reference book)|
|PG Diploma Students||1||0||0|
The Library is a member of MCIT Library Consortium (Ministry of communications and Information Technology) and subscribed to many e-journals. The following electronic resources are used at a high frequency by the faculty members, researcher scholars, and students on campus.
- Hindi books added in 2018-19 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 61.3 KB, Date: 22/05/2019)
- Total Hindi Books available in library 2018-2019 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 256 KB, Date: 22/05/2019)
- Total new collection of books added in library in 2018-19 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 88.5 KB, Date: 22/05/2019)
- New Arrivals of books in the year 2021-22 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 494 KB, Date: 25/05/2022)
- Hindi books added in 2022-23 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 228 KB, Date: 07/06/2023)
- Total Hindi books available in 2022-23 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 999 KB, Date: 07/06/2023)
- General English language Books in 2022-23 (File Format: .pdf, File Size: 127 KB, Date: 07/06/2023)
For Further Details Please Contact:
Sr. Admin. Officer/ Sr. Librarian
Academic Block , B-30,Institution Area, Sector - 62,Noida - 201307,UP,India
Ext. No: 940/941
email: library-noida[at]cdac[dot]in / neerusharma[at]cdac[dot]in