CerviSCAN - Automated Solution for Screening of Cervical Cancer using AI, Robotics and Cloud Technologies
One Indian woman dies of cervical cancer every 8 minutes. It is one of the few cancers where precursors of the cancer can be detected, treated and cured much before progressing into invasive cancer. Absence of systematic PAP smear screening programs and lack of trained cytologists is the major cause of cervical cancer deaths in the country.
CerviSCAN is an indigenized, complete ecosystem for screening of cervical cancer
using methodologies of AI, Robotics and Cloud Technologies which makes
population screening for Cervical Cancer feasible. Through CerviSCAN, a suite of
7 products are developed which automates the screening workflow right from
preparation of cervical smear to AI assisted diagnosis.
The System has been validated on on over 10,000 Patient cases across 4 premium cancer care centres of the country (1)ICMR-NICPR, Noida (2)Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (3)Dr.BBCI, Guwahati and (4)ABV-Regional Cancer Centre, Agarthala.
CerviSCAN reduces screening cost significantly and improves the screening
efficiency of human expert.
- DigiSmearAS20x- AI powered Slide Digitizer
- Digital Cytology Framework - Smart Pathologist Workflow
- AI-PAP - AI Assisted PAP smear analysis system
- RotoStainer - Robotic system for Slide Staining
- KytoSpin - Mega Funnel Centrifuge
- KytoFunnel- Funnel for Specimen Preparation
- KytoClip - Clip to bind KytoFunnel & Glass slide
Cervical cancer caused 2,80,000 deaths annually worldwide. More than 70,000 of these occur in India. Absence of systematic PAP screening programs coupled with highly skewed ratio of trained cytologists in relation to huge population of our country makes it leading cause of cancer deaths in the India
Main uses and domain
- Primary/Family Health centres.
- Mobile Ophthalmology Units
- Population screening camps
- Cost effective indigenised, Monolayered Smear Preparation based on Mega-Funnel Technique (MFT) using KytoSpin, KytoFunnel and KytoClip.
- RotoStainer, automates slide staining for staining which can stain more than 800 slides each day.
- RotoStainer can be configured for automating other staining in addition to PAP Stain.
- DigiSmear, delivers high quality diagnostic images by scanning cervical smear in X, Y & Z direction.
- Digital Cytology Workflow integrates Patient list, Smear Visualization with pan,zoom and annotation features.
- AI-PAP pre-selects suspicious fields of interest using AI-PAP.
- Digital Bethesda Reporting
Features and Technical Specifications
- Analyses cervical cells for precancerous lesions and classifies the slide as NEGATIVE or REVIEW. REVIEW slides are re-screened by an expert for final conclusion.
- Automatically detects and removes biological artifacts
- Supports standard Bethesda format for final reporting
- Slide & Image level processing and automated batch processing
- Able to screen out 60% of NEGATIVE cases thereby improving the screening efficiency while detecting 80% of positive cases with 93% accuracy in high grade lesions.
- Printable formatted statistical reports in PDF & HTML
- Configurable for multiple microscopes and users.
- Core i5, 3 Ghz with 4GB RAM or better configuration
- Monitor with 1920x1080 resolution
- Windows 7 64 bit OS
- Shall be provided along with the system
- Motorized table with height adjustment for mounting the fundus camera
- Enclosed room with controlled lighting, so as not to interfere with the imaging
- Infrastructural facilities for
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
DR ALEXANDER G
Health Informatics & Software Technology Group,
email - email@example.com