Sewer Network Monitoring System
A system to monitor the sewage level in Manholes using Ultrasonic level sensors with integrated GSM modem and battery. The GSM/GPRS communication service software is used for receiving continuous data from the level sensors with inbuilt modem. Also, a manhole overflow prediction system was developed using expert system shell, to predict the possibility of blockage. The system consists of Ultrasonic level sensor with rechargeable battery, SCADA System with SCADA/HMI software, GPRS Communication software and Intelligent Operator Guidance system at Central Monitoring Station. The software module uploads data from local SCADA server to Cloud Dashboard. The system has been successfully deployed at different manholes of Trivandrum sewer network as suggested by Kerala Water Authority(KWA). The total solution is now ready for deployment in sewer networks and for other level measurement applications.
The Sewer Network Monitoring System makes the sewer networks smart by helping operators optimize wastewater operations and performance in real time. The monitoring system helps to change what once was an extremely labour-intensive and manual way of collecting data, into an automated, streamlined system that can help monitor overflowremotely in a city with large sewer pipe network and take preventive action to control the flow in advance thus avoiding environmental pollution & hazards
Sewer Network monitoring System for smart waste management
- Ultrasonic level sensors with integrated GSM modem and battery in selected manholes of the Sewage pipe network to measure and send sewage level data to local SCADA Server via GSM/GPRS network
- SCADA System with SCADA/HMI software, GPRS Communication software and Intelligent Operator Guidance system at Central Monitoring Station.
- SCADA/HMI software and Intelligent Operator Guidance system is used as the SCADA software for real time data acquisition and display on HMI.
- Alarm will be generated when the real time acquired value (level) exceeds the preset limit/s to take action in advance to prevent overflow.
- Sensor Type : Non-contact Ultrasonic
- Measurement Method : Pulse Echo
- Frequency : 40KHz
- Range : Up to 6 Meters
- Dead zone : 10 cm
- Seal Rating : IP68
- Sensor Material : POM (Polyoxymethylene) suitable material for chemically aggressive environments
- Measured Data : Level,Depth,input voltage level and cellular signal strength
- Battery life : at least 6 months of operation in typical scenarios
- Communication type : SMS or GPRS over GSM
- Adaptive measurement and reporting intervals
- Remote sensor configuration via SMS
- Real time data acquisition
- HMI/ display configured as per user requirement
- Sewer Network Monitoring and Manhole Overflow Prevention
- Smart Cities
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Control & Instrumentation Group,
Phone: +91-471-2723333, 2726721
Fax: +91-471-2722230, 2723456