A Brain Machine Interface enabled Assistive System for children with special needs
The objective of the proposed work is to design, develop and deploy a Computational framework as a Brain Machine Interface enabled Assistive communication system for persons with special needs. It covers the aspects of thematic areas right from core research to multidisciplinary neuro-cognitive computing for medical science for betterment of life, as mentioned below:
- The BMI command interface would be available in two forms – Standalone and Web-based interface.
- It would support an audio integrated standalone system to cater the basic requirement of dependent persons like – requirement of food, change in posture and daily routine needs.
- It would be enriched with a p300 odd-ball paradigm based BCI web browser with a speller of English and Devanagari Script support.
- A BMI interface-based Alert / warning generation system would be developed to cater the emergency cases of such types of patients.
- An assessment & validation procedure would be carried out in the form of training & workshop with the support of design paradigm prepared by domain experts considering targeted sample candidates on specific criteria.
- Basic requirement of dependent children by mental imagery task
- P300 based speller for locked-in persons
- Mobile based communication for SoS alert
- Indian language support
- Web and mobile compatibility
- Audio integrated standalone system
- Assessment & validation by renowned domain experts
Chief Investigator Details
Naveen Kumar Jain, Sr. Director & Centre Head, C-DAC Delhi , email@example.com