Design and Deployment of IOT Based Hydroponics System for Agri-Research in North East Region
Low agricultural productivity is considered as one of the major reasons for poverty in the rural areas. In North East India, water is not a scarcity but optimal use of water bodies and sustainable farming methods are required to enhance agricultural productivity.
C-DAC Mohali proposed to develop closed system hydroponics system based on the continuous flow nutrient film technique. The system can be deployed in a poly-house of approx. 100 sq. metre area with state-of-the-art monitoring and control of sensors. The system automatically maintains the Electrical Conductivity and pH of the nutrient solution along with maintaining the temperature and humidity of the polyhouse.
The system is also suitable for following applications:
- Roof-Top Farming
- R&D on Plant’s breeds in Labs
R&D on plant Roots and their growth (access to roots are possible in hydroponics systems)
The solution has been deployed in the following locations:
- ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Shillong, Meghalaya
- ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Imphal Centre, Manipur
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology, Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim
- User programmable timers for regulated mix flow.
- Continuous monitoring of solution temperature, pH and conductivity.
- Report generation and data logging with graphical representation.
- User-friendly, touch screen based Graphical User Interface.
- GUI-based Programmable control parameters.
- EC: 0.55 to 500,000 µS/cm ±5
- pH: 0 – 14 pH ±1
- Temperature Monitoring
- Pumps for nutrient mix flow
- Poly-house 100 Sq. Metre
- of plants= 550 Nos.
Chief Investigator Details
Dr. Jaspal Singh
Associate Director, & Head, Robotics and Smart Systems Division
C-DAC, A-34, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, Mohali - 160071.
Phone No.: 0172-6619000