PG Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIoT)
The theoretical and practical mix of the Post Graduate Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIoT) programme has the following focus:
- This course will enable the student to utilize various Embedded Technologies related to IoT, Sensor Networks, Communication Protocols, Cloud Computing,
- Accessing Resources and Services needed to perform functions with dynamically changing needs.
- Will help to understand the IoT privacy and Security Concepts for secured IoT environment and to utilize the various IoT Platforms to explore Real Time IoT Applications Areas.
- Students will able to explore Modern IoT Trends and to undertake industrial research projects for the development of future solutions in the domain of Data Analytics to make an impact in the technological advancement.
- Students will be able to use advanced IoT Tools/ Decision-Making Tools/ Operation Research Techniques to analyze the complex problems and get ready to develop such new techniques for the future.
- Graduate in Engineering (10+2+4 or 10+3+3 years) in IT / Computer Science / Electronics / Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation, OR
- MSc/MS (10+2+3+2 years) in Computer Science, IT, Electronics with Mathematics in 10+2, OR
- The candidate must have minimum 55% marks in qualifying exam
PG-DIOT course will be delivered in fully PHYSICAL mode. The total course fee and payment details is as detailed herein below:
The total course fee is INR. 90,000/- plus Goods and Service Tax (GST) as applicable by Government of India (GOI).
The course fees for PG-DIOT has to be paid in two installments as per the schedule.
- First installment is INR. 10,000/- plus Goods and Service Tax (GST) as applicable by GOI.
- Second installment is INR. 80,000/- plus Goods and Service Tax (GST) as applicable by GOI.
The course fee includes expenses towards delivering classes, conducting examinations, final mark-list and certificate, and placement assistance provided.
The first installment course fee of Rs 10,000/- + GST on it as applicable at the time of payment is to be paid online as per the schedule. It can be paid using credit/debit cards through the payment gateway. The first installment of the course fees is to be paid after seat is allocated during counseling rounds.
The second installment of the course fees is to be paid before the course commencement through NEFT.
NOTE: Candidates may take note that no Demand Draft (DD) or cheque or cash will be accepted at any C-DAC training centre towards payment of any installment of course fees.
Edge analytics at devices and gateways, Down sampling of data – aggregations, filters, Threshold prediction, Detecting Anomalies.
Cloud Computing basics, terminology, characteristics, services, cloud deployment – public, private environments, delivery models – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Container Management, e.g.:-Docker , Platform Services for IOT Applications, Providers, Implementation support, Application Deployment using PaaS, case studies. , Distributed, Backend Messaging, ESB Layer, Modern Service Models, Secure Communication, Cloud Security.
Introduction to IoT-Concepts and Terminology of The Internet of Things (IoT), History of IoT, Applications, Requirements of IoT, M2M/IoT standards, Components of IoT, IoT Enabling, Technologies - Sensors, Actuators, Gateways, Local & Global Connectivity , IOT Platforms, Business Inferences IoT Building blocks – Architecture, Sensing, Connectivity ,Gateways, Processing, Software, Power, IOT Reference Architectures, Business Models, Challenges in IOT.
Modern trends in IOT – Wearable, industrial standards, Open Data Management & API. Case studies, connected use cases in Real-life/Thematic areas – Smart Homes/Buildings, Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Smart Medical care, Smart Automation etc.
After completing this courses students shall be expert in following things:
- Technologies involved in end to end IoT Solutions
- Exposure on IoT platforms & connectivity
- Gateway design
- Data Sensing through Microcontroller Linux based targets
- Protocols for local & global connectivity
- Data Processing – Filter, Storage & Analytics
- Broad understanding of the technologies and applications for the emerging and exciting domain of IOT.
Q: What is the Eligibility for PG-DIoT?
A: The eligibility Criteria for PG-DIoT is Candidate holding any one of the following degrees
- Graduate in Engineering (10+2+4 or 10+3+3 years) in IT / Computer Science / Electronics / Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation. OR
- MSc/MS (10+2+3+2 years) in Computer Science, IT, Electronics.
- With minimum of 55% marks in their qualifying degree.
Q. What is the scope of the course?
A: The scope of the course is immense as this is a unique curriculum provided by CDAC and has successfully launched itself as a trend-setting course which is recognized by the IT industry.
Q: What is the selection criterion?
A: The selection process consists of a C-DAC Common Admission Test (C-CAT).
Q: What is Fee of course?
A: The fees for the PG-DIoT course is Rs. 90,000/- (Rupees Ninty Thousand only) plus 18% GST.
Q: Infrastructure Facilities available?
A: Fully equipped classrooms with adequate capacity to accommodate students and state-of-art labs to explore your computing skills
Q: Hostel & Canteen facility available?
A: Accommodation for out station candidates is facilitated by some of centres. Please refer Admission Booklet.
Q: Can I have the change of centre?
A: CDAC do not encourage any transfers, as the selection is strictly based on performance in different entrance tests. Hence no transfer policy exists.
Q. Revision of the course contents, is it every six months?
A: The course contents are revised according to the real world needs and when found relevant to the market demands.
Q. Do you have centralized placement cell?
A: Yes. We do have a Centralized Placement Programme where the respective centre actively participates to organize the campus interviews for all the students.
Q. What is the value of the course in the international market?
A: The course has been a trend-setting course due to its unique curriculum and the opportunities that it generates; hence it gives the edge over for the students and gives an international edge.
Q: When the course does commence?
A: The Course commences twice in the year i.e. March & September. Admission Process starts in the month of December & July for the respective batches.