Language Processor The DOS based Wordprocessor
ALP (Apex Language Processor) is a multilingual wordprocessor running under MS-DOS and UNIX, this allows typing of all Indian scripts through the common INSCRIPT keyboard overlay. It has Wordstar compatible commands. Therefore it has been a favourite with those who are comfortable with Wordstar
ALP supports various Indian scripts such as Assamese, Bengali, Devanagri, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and other scripts such as Tibetan, Diacritic Roman, Bhutanese and Sinhalese.
ALP is available for MS-DOS, UNIX and Novell Netware. There is a separate version which works with the GIST Card.
The salient features are:
- Uses ISFOC fonts for display and printing, thus producing publishing quality printouts
- Bold, Italic, Underline, Highlight, Expand and Double size attributes
- Spellcheckers for Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati
- INSCRIPT Keyboard layout, common to all Indian languages
- Online help of keyboard in use.
- Mailing made easy with help of mail merge.
- Facility to make web pages in Indian languages.
- Language Sensitive Multilingual Editor.
- Easy generation of table of contents
- Auto Save
- Wordstar compatible dot commands for formatting pages
- Supports 9-pin, 24-pin, dot-matrix printers and HP LaserJet compatible laser printer
- Conversion facility for
- Importing Wordstar (ver. 4.0, 6.0) files.
- Exporting ALP files to Wordstar( ver 4.0).
- Converting an ISCII file to a PC-ISCII file and vice versa.
- Exporting English Text to speech check externally
ALP FOR GIST CARD:
- It uses script page of the GIST card for displaying all scripts supported.
- Additional scripts supported are Russian, Thai, Tibetan and Sinhalese.
- Additional attributes supported are Outline and Shadow.
- GIST Card allows background printing of files.
For more details, please contact:
More information on GIST products
Sales related information
Support related information