Under the thematic area of Heritage Computing, Bharateeya Embroidery is C-DAC Mohali’s initiative to preserve the heritage of traditional embroideries of India. India is a large country enriched with the traditions and customs of different states and different people. Today in the race for modernization, we are forgetting our roots. Similar things are happening to Indian embroideries, which are a base to all the textile and fashion industries and markets but today traditional embroideries are nearing extinction.
- Single Point repository for all the information regarding Indian Embroidery.
- Provides tutorials regarding each and every embroidery technique, types of threads to be used, and texture of clothes & colours
- e-Gallery: This will give original patterns and motifs of different traditional embroideries. It will also provide the blueprint of patterns for download to trace design on clothes and do embroideries.
- Online application for both, amateurs and professionals, involved in Fashion designing.
- Web-based tools to provide motifs, patterns, and implementation of designs on a variety of cloth textures.
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Dr. Suneet Madan
Joint Director & Head, Human Computer Interface Division
C-DAC Mohali, A-34, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, Mohali – 160071
Phone No.: +91-172-6619034